If you are operating in North Carolina, pay attention to this announcement. Prepass is now operational at seven new sites in North Carolina with three more on the way in the coming months.
If you want to bypass in North Carolina, you MUST have a truck photo on file. North Carolina rules require that to be eligible to bypass any NC weigh station, each PrePass fleet must have a representative photo on file with the State. If a fleet has more than one truck of the same make and color, only one photo per make and color is necessary. Photos must be taken in daylight or a well-lit location and clearly show a side view of the entire truck cab. PrePass customers can upload the photos through MyPrePass at http://prepass.com, or email them to [email protected]. Additional instructions are available here.
The new PrePass sites include:
- I-95 northbound near Lumberton
- I-95 southbound in Halifax County
- I-77 southbound near Mount Airy
- I-40 eastbound near Asheville
- I-26 westbound near Hendersonville
- I-40 eastbound and westbound near Statesville
- I-85 southbound near Charlotte (coming soon)
- I-85 northbound in Gaston County (coming soon)
- I-77 northbound near Mount Airy (coming soon)