The federal deadline for truckers using automatic on-board recording devices (AOBRD) to switch to electronic logging devices (ELD) is Dec. 16, 2019. But if you wait too close to the deadline to comply, you may find your trucks will be unable to hit the road and out of compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration hours of service regulations.
Watch this PrePass webinar and learn:
- The differences in the rules governing the use of AOBRDs versus ELDs
- Company policy and training considerations with ELDs
- The differences in the design and preferred specifications between AOBRDs and ELDs
- Resources to help your trucking operation migrate from AOBRDs to ELDs
- The rules related to driver use of personal conveyance and yard moves
- Additional ELD related supporting documents that must be kept by fleets
- Specific ELD exemptions that may apply to your fleet
Presenting this webinar is Dave Osiecki, president and CEO of Scopelitis Transportation Consulting. Osiecki began his trucking career more than 30 years ago with the U.S. Dept. of Transportation before spending two decades with the American Trucking Associations where he worked on safety, policy, regulatory and advocacy-related matters. As president and CEO of Scopelitis Transportation Consulting, he is a regular speaker and commentator before transportation and motor carrier industry groups.